Saturday, 15 June 2013

First Blog

Well here goes, my first every Blog ...........

I love papercrafting, usually card making using a number of different techniques.

I have been attending a workshop in Chipping Sodbury that is hosted by Amy who owns a local shop called Out of The Blue.  Amy is assisted by Carole and they create their own version of cards, but using the same colours and stamps.  Carole has seen a few of my cards that I have photographed and stored on my phone and has persuaded me to start a blog.

Card Making Workshop that Amy & Carole hosted this workshop coincided with the Chipping Sodbury Festival on 14th June 2013.  The background was stamped and embossed and layered on to black card.  the flower was die cut and then teased into shape, foam pads were used between the layers of the petals and topped off with a  button with a piece of ribbon threaded through it and tied in a bow.  The base of the card was layered using embossed card and the sentiment was the same stamp, but on black card and using white embossing powder,   Black and white ribbons twisted and two hearts attached with another ribbon finish the card off.

This card I made for my Father, it was stamped with a stamp from the Flipping Men range, I made the card using my Cameo Silhouette, I just love this shape card.  I coloured this in with Spectrum Noirs and the blue background is Cosmic Shimmer Mist.  The Swirls are from a Marianne Die and cut in half.



This card is for my Father In law.  For the background I used a background sheet from one of the MCS CD's I have, this was matt and layered on an A5 card.  I embossed a peice of blue card and sandpapered over it this was matt and layered.  The Yacht is a stamp that has been coloured in using Spectrum Noirs and again matt and layered.

I hope you liked this little insight to just a tiny selection of cards that I have made recently.  I will share more soon.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Sharon, i found you and I'm your first comment! Glad you are enjoying our workshops, your cards are really fab..love your fun card for your dad! Just one more thing..you need a follow button so I can follow you and let my followers know you are here :) Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharon, found you too! Well done on getting your blog started, i'm sure you're going to love it. Fab cards, bet they were well received for Father's day. Thanks for your continued support & attending our workshops. Looking forward to seeing more of your blog posts soon.
    Amy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, please check back again to see what I have been up to next.