Tuesday, 30 July 2013

Catch Up

Hello everyone!

Sorry I haven't been around for a while, the last couple of weekends I have been busy with the Motorbike Club and we have our Summer Party this coming weekend at Court Farm in Banwell, Somerset.

We have had a ride out to Bourton on the Water, what a beautiful village in the Cotswolds and very popular with the tourists.  Last Saturday was Calne Motorbike Show, so we went along to join our friends and promote our club.

In my last post I said I was going to play with a new stamp, well I did and produced the following two cards:


The card above was made using a stamp from Creative Expressions called Wise Friend, designed by Sam Poole.  I have used distress inks in various autumnal colours and dies from Marianne for the leaves and Britannia flower for the roses.

When I have finished the card I looked at it and as I just love the owl I thought I would try it in vibrant colours and see what the result would be and the following card is the result:


With this card I used Spectrum Noir alcohol pens and distress inks in matching colours, I also stamped the owl onto shrink plastic and coloured this in, I think the overall effect works really well.

At our last workshop on the 18th July we worked with distress markers, Spellbinders Die and a Milliner stamp and the card below is my interpretation:


 There are more pictures of cards on Carole's blog  http://8thwonderart.blogspot.co.uk/.

As the weather has been unsettled I have had an opportunity to make a couple more Christmas Cards:



These two cards have been made using a stamp from Woodware called Faithful & Joyful.  I stamped this image and embossed, I used black embossing powder on one and gold on the other.  I decided to try different backgrounds, in the first one I used a script stamp by Indigoblu and embossed this in a pale gold and over stamped with a swirl stamp also by Indigoblu and embossed this in black.  The flower is from a Hunkydory collection, the flower inspired the basic colour theme for these cards.  The bottom card I used a crackle background stamp from Indigoblu and distress inks, again the flower is from Hunkydory.

I have voluntered to do a Card Making demonstration at Hobbycraft on the 7th August and need to decide what I am going to do.  I think I will do something with the Big shot, stamps and distress inks.

Well, I have another idea for some Christmas cards going round in my head, so while the mood takes me I'm away to my craft room, while hubby sleeps and can't interrupt me.  xx


2 comments:

  1. Hi Sharon, what a lovely post filled with gorgeous cards, some of which I am lucky enough to have seen 'in the flesh'. Love your Christmas cards too! Sounds like you've been having some fun weekends..I haven't crafted for over a week due to a back problem :( Enjoy demoing at Hobbycraft..I have left my name with them 5 times in the last 3 years and they never once got back to me..oh well, had their chance! Lol See you soon, Carole X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharon, I love all of these cards! I must take home one of those Sam Poole Owl stamp sets to have a play with too, he's so cute! Love all the colours you've used too.
    I love Bourton on the water although I've not had a chance to visit for a couple of years. I used to supply one of the shops there with my glass painted gifts years ago.
    See you at the next workshop
    Amy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, please check back again to see what I have been up to next.