Monday, 8 July 2013

Gardening Leave

Hello Bloggers!

Sorry I have been absent from blogging for a while, as we have been away at a motorcycle rally weekend before last and needed this weekend for a bit of R & R.

Isn't it lovely to have had sunshine yet again today, we are being spoilt, but I'm loving it as I can craft in the garden.

Well from today I am on garden leave from work, then from 30th September I am redundant, so I am looking for a something to keep me occupied from October, in the meantime I have plenty of craft time.


As promised this is a card I have made in the past, it was for Mothers Day 2013, I used a Sheena Douglas stamp, the flowers were coloured in using Faber Polychromo Pencils, the rest was from my stash.



This is a card  I made after being inspired at a workshop with Amy & Carole,  it is a stepper card and I have used the "Love" word stamp and embossed in gold for the background, matt and layered using cream and gold mirri card, again the heart is stamped and embossed in gold.  The roses are using the Britannia Dies and a Marianne die for the swirls.
Of course the Wonderful Day card needed a box which I have made with my Hougie Board and instructions from one of the Hougie booklets by Kay.

This is a commission I have just completed, using a Keepsake board, the sentiment is a Pinflair peel off, the roses are courtesy of  the Britannia dies again, I have used Cosmic Shimmer Mist for colouring the blue roses and I have used Cosmic Pearlescant PVA for the blue and white pearl drops and other items from my stash.
and of course the box for the bookatrix card above.
Over the weekend I also got my beads out and made some tassells for my new leather waistcoat, pictures to follow of these.

I have attempted to use my melt pot, but I haven't been impressed with what I have produced so far, at least I can melt them down and play again.

I am away to enjoy the evening sun, see you soon. xx


2 comments:

  1. Hi Sharon, gorgeous cards! Love what you've done with the workshop inspired card, so effective all done in gold. Looking forward to seeing those tassels too.
    Sad news about your redundancy but at least you know what's happening now. Fingers crossed you'll find something else but in the meantime enjoy all that extra crafting time you'll have :)
    See you soon
    Amy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharon, good to see you back blogging! Love your take on the workshop card..very classy! You just need to keep playing with the melt pot, you will grow to love it! Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, please check back again to see what I have been up to next.