Tuesday, 13 August 2013

Demo Update

I trust that this post finds you well and that you are finding time to craft.

I am enjoying my garden leave and still taking the opportunity to get lots of crafting in, I seem to have found inspiration and have made a couple more Christmas Cards.

I went to Hobbycraft Wednesday 7th August, I arrived early (a terrible trait to have) and had to wait for the previous gentleman to finish his demo.  I offered to do cardmaking, incorporating, stamping, distress inks & the Big Shot Die machine.  On the details on the front of the store they had my name as Shannon, oh well never mind.  I had prepared three cards to make and took some samples to show.

I didn't actually manage to finish one card, but I did manage to make all the components so that when I got home I could complete two.  I was asked quite a few times on how to use the Big Shot and was more than happy to demo how I use it, so many people have the machine, but haven't used it as they are frightened of breaking it.

I enjoyed the experience and the two hours flew by, I have offered to go in again Friday 16th at 11.00am for two hours, I intend to limit this to using distress inks & stamping with die cutting, I don't anticipate on making a complete card this time.



This is one of the cards that I completed  the components for at Hobbycraft.  I can't show you the other card yet as I am giving it to a friend for her birthday.

The Owl card has been made used using:-

              Stamps Away - Silent Night background
              Tattered Lace Owl Die
              Britannia Rose Die
              Cheery Lynn Designs Tropical Flourish Die
              Tim Holtz Distress Ink Peacock Feathers
              an embossing folder which was a freebie off a magazine.





This card was using /flower Soft Theatre Cards CD Rom Winter, I made up all four scenes and made a sort of star card out of them, it looks really effective even though I haven't used the flower soft on it I did use crystal clear glitter.  I will use flower soft & glitter on the next one.



This card was a bit of fun, I had a digital image, which I coloured in with my Spectrum Noirs and glitter, the Poinsettia & Holly is from Tattered lace Dies & CD.  The card base is from Creative World of Crafts a 8" x 8" Elegant Tent card.

I am looking forward to the Card Making Workshop Thursday evening this week after I saw the sample of what we are going to be doing on Carole's blog: http://8thwonderart.blogspot.co.uk/.

Happy crafting everyone!. x








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, please check back again to see what I have been up to next.