Tuesday, 24 September 2013

Gilding Flakes

Hello Everyone,

I hope that you are well and are finding some crafting time.

The first card I am going to show you is the card I made at Amy's (Out of the Blue) card making workshop earlier this month, it was using an Indigoblu tree stamp and their mega flakes gilding flakes.



The trees were stamped using Royal Purple Stazon ink onto acetate, double sided sticky sheet was then used to make the back sticky for the gilding flakes.  The trees were then mat and layered on to purple and white card stock, a cream and purple card was embossed and distressed and then a fine coating of gilding wax was used for additional dimension, the trees were then mat and layered on to the embossed card, which in turn was then attached to orange card which had been distressed slightly, all these layers then went on to the base card.  Cream raffia was used across the bottom along with flowers and leaves, the leaves were made using the same technique as the trees.

This card I made after the work shop, I was a bit impatient and didn't have any double sided sticky sheets, so I thought I would use the flitter glue, but it didn't work as well and I was left with blank areas, but the over all result was pleasing and looked very much like a winter scene, I mat & layered the trees on to a pale blue/grey card and I think it has worked well.  I stamped out a Stag on pearlescant card, coloured it black and cut it out.  I then embossed silver mirri card and a charcoal grey pearlescant card and used a pinkish gilding wax over the embossing.  I then used Spellbinders dies for the greeting bases, Tattered Lace dies for the poinsettia's and a Britannia swirly die.
Whilst I had all the tools etc out and playing, I used one of Sheena Douglas Little bit Magical stamps, with a dark brown Staz On ink on acetate, by this time I had received the double sided adhesive sheets and used Autumn Blaze Gilding Flakes over the stamped image.  this was then mat and layered on to dark brown, dark cream, dark brown, dark green, dark brown, embossed green card with a Die Sire embossing folder, then mat on to dark brown and layered on to a 8 x 8 craft card.  I used cream, pale green ruffled ribbon, orange and dark green ribbon.  The greeting was using a Hobbycraft stamp and embossed in copper.

I have been busy with a task for our motorcycle clubs final (official) ride of the season, it is our turn to organize an event and I think I may have mentioned that we are going to the Cotswold Falconry Centre in Moreton In the Marsh, we have decided that those attending will receive a thank you card.  This is a difficult task as we don't know how many people will turn up, we have decided that we will have 30 pre-made and if more people turn up then we will have to make more  and post them out after the event.  I will take a picture of the group of cards when we have all 30 made, they are not all the same although there is a theme going on.

Hope to get some more crafting done today before hubby comes home from work.  Have fun in whatever you're crafting.  See you soon.  xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, please check back again to see what I have been up to next.