Tuesday, 5 November 2013

Time Flies

Hello everyone,

My gosh where has time gone, I can't believe I haven't blogged since the 24th September, I have been so busy with the bike club and card crafting for christmas.  

At the last card making workshop with Amy & Carol we had a session using Indigo Blu Stamps http://www.indigoblu.com/ and we worked from one of their worksheets, this card shows how I got on:


I really enjoyed making this card, we used the Christmas Bauble stamp in the background and distressed the edges, the centre image was part of the Stag and Label stamp using distress ink and paper to make the illusion of hills & sun the label was stamped and cut separately to make a tag.  





 I made another couple as well using the same stag stamp:

I stamped on to pearlescant card stock in black and embossed using black glitter embossing powder and cut out the shape on the Big Shot and distressed the edges, I then mat and layered on to glitter card and plain white and finally placed on to a plain black base card, I used Cosmic Shimmer pearlescant  for the pearl drops on the edges.

On the purple Christmas Card I used the same technique as the brown and red, but I didn't have the bauble stamp so I used the Indigo Blu swirl stamp I have and used glitter on the background and on the image.

The weekend just gone I had the opportunity of joining a craft weekend at Tortworth Court run by Jane & Chris Gregory of Addicted 2 Craft. http://www.addicted2craft.com/  We had a fantastic weekend and I learnt loads.  On the Saturday we decorated a mirror and made a coaster using Pebeo paints, we had a sessions with the fabulous Jenny Mayes from Hobby Art, where we made 2 cards, Jenny also ran a demo in the evening on Saturday along with the fabulous Carolyn Shulz whose demo was on Jewellery making, then it was off for a three course meal.

On Sunday we had another card making session with Jenny where we made another two cards, then we had a break where we could use the facilities in the hotel if we wished, then it was lunchtime and then on to a Shrink plastic jewellery making workshop with Jane Gregory, where I made three pairs of earrings.  This was followed by a quick tea break and then we had a workshop with Carolyn Shulz on wirework rings, where I made three rings.  During our break on the Sunday, Andrea showed us how to make Kumihimo bracelets and how to do the shambala technique.

Some photo's of my makes from the weekend:





Can you see the ghost?
Since I have been home I have made a Chambala bracelet since I have been home and four Kumihimo bracelets, I'm also going to have a go with Pebeo paints, nothing will be safe, things will be blinged.  

Hope you're finding time to craft, sorry this blog is a bit long.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sharon, love your purple version of our workshop card and love your makes over your weekend! You will have fun with Pebeo paints. Although jewellery isn't really my 'thing', I made some using the pebeo fantasy..will try and remember to wear it to our next workshop! Carole ZX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, please check back again to see what I have been up to next.