Wednesday, 29 January 2014

Zentangle 

Since I last blogged I have completed another Jewellery making workshop in wire wrapping, we made a brooch and two rings.   I haven't taken any pictures of these yet so I will show and tell later on.

On the last card making workshop Carole & Amy's project for us was utilizing Zentangle with Dreamweaver Stencils.  I did start mine during the workshop but didn't actually finish it.

I must say that I find it relaxing tangling and am eager to do more.



This was made using the Dreamweaver Stencil  of a Hot Air Balloon.  Once I finished doing the Zentangle I cut around the image and matted on to black card, then a plain white card, I printed off a background square and matted that on to the spotted pattern paper, all this was then attached to a 6" x 6" white card base.  I used enamel accents by Inkssentials for the faux brads.



Dreamweaver stencil also used for this card and the same process as above was used except that I used some ribbon on the right hand side.



This I just had to do as I love Owls and anything to do with Owls.  A Dreamweaver stencil was used yet again and the same procedure as in the first card.  I  decided that this would be suitable for one of our nephews birthdays  this year.

I am hoping that I will get some time to play with the stencil some more, I would like to see how they turn out using different mediums and techniques. 

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog,  keep watching this space for my next creations, see you again soon. 

Sharon xx

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sharon, wow, what stunning zentangle cards you've created. That hot air balloon looks fab & so does the flower but I have to agree with the owl thing & say that Mr. Owl is my favourite! So glad you enjoyed our workshop, was a great way to kick off this year's projects. Look forward to seeing your jewellery project pics.
    See you soon
    Amy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharon, great to see your finished cards! They are gorgeous...I'll hopefully get the photos from my group last night on my blog later today, we had some brilliant cards again, Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, please check back again to see what I have been up to next.